6 Practical Security Tips for Users
Here are six quick and easy steps you can take to further ensure the safety of your information:
1. When using public WiFi, resist the temptation to send or receive private information.
2. Never give out login credentials (through email, over the phone or in person). Your login is only for you.
3. Devote only one credit card, with a minimum credit line, to online purchases.
4. Never leave your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop unattended and unlocked; especially in a public place.
5. Disconnect your device from the Internet when you aren't using it.
6. Always set a passcode on your mobile device and do not make the same as your pin for ATM card.
While they may seem like common sense, it's the little things that add up to keep you safe.